provides a basic overview of Medicare and Medicare supplemental insurance also called Medigap. North Carolina Medicare Supplement will show you how to purchase insurance that best meets your needs at the best price with the least amount of hassle. North Carolina Medicare Supplement website is the property of Aquila Insurance and Centaur Medicare Solutions LLC.
Medicare is our country’s health insurance program for people age 65 or older. The program helps with the cost of health care, but it does not cover all medical expenses or the cost of most long-term care. Medicare is financed by a portion of the payroll taxes paid by workers and their employers. It is also financed in part by monthly premiums deducted from Social Security checks.
Medicare Part A is hospital insurance that helps cover primarily inpatient care in hospitals.
In general, Medicare Part A covers:
- Inpatient care in hospitals (such as critical access hospitals, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, and long-term care hospitals)
- Inpatient care in a skilled nursing facility (not custodial or long term care)
- Hospice care services
- Home health care services
- Inpatient care in a Religious Non-medical Health Care Institution
With Medicare Part A alone and no supplemental insurance you will pay a $1132 deductible for hospitalizations, the cost of the first three pints of blood (some places over $300 a pint), $283 per day for days 61-90 and $566 per day for the life-time reserve days 91-150 , and total cost for day 151 and on (2011). For skilled nursing facility care you will pay $141.50 per day for days 21-100 and total cost for days 101 and on.
Medicare Part B is medical insurance that helps pay for doctors’ services, some preventive services, and many other medical services and supplies that are not covered by hospital insurance. If you have Part B, you pay between $96 and $115 premium each month that comes out of your Social Security benefits (this depends on your income) .
In general, Medicare Part B covers:
- Medically-necessary services — Services or supplies that are needed to diagnose or treat your medical condition and that meet accepted standards of medical practice.
- Preventive services — Health care to prevent illness (like the flu) or detect it at an early stage when treatment is most likely to work best.
With Medicare Part B alone and no supplemental insurance you will pay 20% of all outpatient expenses, doctor’s visits, medical expenses, ambulance service, and medical equipment cost. You will also pay any excess charges that can be 15% above the total bill (2011).
It is important for you to understand that Medicare does not cover everything, and it does not pay the total cost for most services or supplies that are covered. If you end up in the hospital or in need of a doctor’s care you will have out of pocket expenses that for many could be very costly. But don’t worry. North Carolina Medicare Supplement is about to show you how to protect yourself with the least cost and hassle to you.
North Carolina Medicare Supplemental Insurance
Medicare Supplemental Insurance also called Medigap is the insurance that fills in the gaps between what Medicare pays and what you must pay out-of-pocket for deductibles, co-insurance, and co-payments. To purchase a Medigap plan you will want to request quotes, compare the quotes for the plan you want and request an application.
North Carolina Medicare Supplement makes getting Medigap insurance quotes easy and very convenient. By making a request for your quotes online you will save a lot of time and frustration by avoiding traveling to insurance offices, listening to sales presentations, or bringing “pushy” agents into your home. But, whatever you do, you want to make sure of a few things when getting quotes:
- Use an independent agent or agency to get quotes. There are two types of agents:
- Captured agents work for a single insurance company and have loyalty to that company. A captured agent can only sell you products from one company.
- Independent agents are contracted with many insurance companies. An independent agent can give unbiased opinions and information based on their clients’ needs and sell you a product from any insurance company.
- Be careful about how many times you request information and from what web sites. Generally, requesting quotes from one website will get you the desired results. Many web sites will sell your information to several insurance agents and this means you will get inundated with phone calls and emails that can just create frustration.
The good news is that when you request your quotes from North Carolina Medicare Supplement your information will not be sold! You information will go to only one licensed by the great state of North Carolina independent agent.
Click here to request your Medicare supplement quotes
Comparing your Medigap quotes
When you get your North Carolina Medicare Supplement quotes you need to decide what plan you want. All the plans are federally standardized so there is no variation in what a certain plan covers for one company and what that same plan covers from another company. However, what the different lettered plans cover does vary and so does what the different insurance companies charge for them. So, consider come of the information below to help you decide.
Nationwide North Carolina Medicare Supplement has found that the three most common plans are F, G, and N. Medigap Plan F is the catch all plan that provides the most coverage. Medigap plan G and Medigap Plan F have some form of cost sharing and therefore the premiums you pay will in most cases be less. Plans G and N may save you money if you are in good or great health. Please see the link to the attached chart for more details.
Purchasing your North Carolina Medicare Supplement
Applying for Medigap insurance is relatively easy with North Carolina Medicare Supplement. In most cases we will simply mail you the application though some companies are starting to offer online applications or faxed applications. Other benefits of getting your insurance through North Carolina Medicare Supplement are we will pay all postage, help you with the application if you need it, and track your application until completion. Here is what you should know about applying for a Medicare Supplement plan:
- Apply early. It generally takes at least two weeks for a supplement application to be processed. If you are turning 65 be aware that some insurance companies will take applications six months from your birthday and all will take applications three months out.
- Answer the questions truthfully. If you have to answer health questions on the Medicare supplement application, answer them truthfully. The company checks your medical records, anyway. With few exceptions, when you apply before six months past your birth month, you cannot be denied coverage and there are very few medical questions to answer.
- Keep a copy for yourself. Whenever possible, keep a copy of your application for yourself. This always helps if there is a problem or question about something on the application.
- Ask questions upfront. It is always best to get all of your questions answered prior to applying for the policy.
- Remember to cancel your old policy. If you are replacing an older Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage plan, you must cancel your old policy effective the day your new one starts. This keeps you from having double coverage and double payments with no added benefits. Always wait until your new policy is approved before cancelling an old one.
When you request your quotes from North Carolina Medicare Supplement you can simply reply to the quote email that you received to request the application you would like.
Turning 65 Medicare Top 5 Mistakes
This video I go over the turning 65 Medicare top 5 mistakes. Http://medicaresavingsolutions.com 1-800-663-5707
When turning 65 and going on Medicare there are many things to consider when thinking about your Medicare benefits and weighing all of your Medicare Supplement options and your Medicare Advantage options. People can make a lot of mistakes when choosing the best Medicare Supplement plan or the best Medicare Advantage Plan to fit their needs. We put together some of the biggest mistakes people make when they sign up for Medicare and are picking a Medigap plan or Medicare Part C Plan.
The first mistake a lot of people make when they are turning 65 and going on Medicare is they wait too long to learn about Medicare Part A, Medicare Part B, Medicare Part C, Medicare supplement plans, and Medicare Advantage plans.
The second top mistake people make is they don’t get Medicare Part B when they are first eligible. They wait because they think they will save money if they don’t use it and they don’t need it. The problem is that if you wait to take part b you could be penalized when you finally do sign up at a later date. So get part b when you are first eligible unless you have other creditable coverage.
The third big mistake people make when they are turning 65 Medicare is they purchase the most expensive plan. They do this thinking this will be the best option because it costs the most. This is not always the case. The best Medicare Supplement Plan may cost less than the most expensive one. The best Medicare Advantage plan for your specific needs may not be the most expensive plan available, in fact most times it is not the best way to go. So don’t buy the most expensive plan. Do your research or call us!
The fourth mistake people make is that they listen to a friend or relative telling them that the plan they have is the best and it will be the best for you. Don’t do this because everyone has different needs, the best medicare supplement plan for you may be different than the best plan for them. The best Medicare Advantage plan for them may be different from the best Medicare Advantage plan for you. You can call us for free help choosing a plan that best fits your needs. 1-800-663-5707
The fifth and biggest mistake that people make when they are turning 65 and going on Medicare is that they talk to the wrong agent. The best type of agent to talk to in order to get the best Medicare Supplement plan or the best Medicare Advantage plan is an Independent agent. At Medicare Saving Solutions we are independent agents, we represent all of the best Medicare Advantage plans and all of the best Medicare supplement plans. We help you find the best plan to fit your specific needs. If you are looking for the cheapest Medicare Supplement plan or Medicare Advantage plan we can help. If you are looking for the Medicare Advantage plan or the Medicare Supplement plan that covers the most we can help. Call us at 1-800-663-5707!
If you’d like to learn more about turning 65 and Medicare please check out our other informational videos!
Here are few search topics that help people turning 65 learn about Medicare:
turning 65 Medicare
turning 65 on Medicare
turning 65 Medicare Plans
turning 65 Medicare Supplements
turning 65 and Medicare
Medicare and turning 65
turning 65 quotes
age 65 medicare
Please check out our other videos below:
Best Medicare Supplement Plan – https://youtu.be/d_zcfcfRS7g
Turning 65 Medicare – https://youtu.be/nLIQm0hAju8
Medicare Card – https://youtu.be/gttOoB2CglI
Medicare Basics – https://youtu.be/Kx0NXXGkmsQ
And More Here on Our Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgcNxwSgjcp99gzSrznRkCA
Turning 65 California
Turning 65 Washington
Turning 65 Oregon
Turning 65 Florida
Turning 65 Idaho
Turning 65 Texas
Turning 65 New Mexico
Turning 65 Arizona
Turning 65 Pennsylvania
Turning 65 Minnesota
Turning 65 Wyoming
Turning 65 Alaska
Turning 65 Ohio
Turning 65 North Carolina
Turning 65 South Carolina
Turning 65 Oklahoma
Turning 65 North Dakota
Turning 65 South Dakota
Turning 65 New York
Turning 65 Nevada
Turning 65 New Orleans
Turning 65 Virginia
Turning 65 New Jersey
Turning 65 Medicare
Medicare turning 65
turning 65 maine
turning 65 west virginia
turning 65 alabama
turning 65 mississippi
turning 65 tennessee
turning 65 montana
turning 65 colorado
turning 65 north dakota
turning 65 south dakota
turning 65 Massachusetts
turning 65 connecticut
turning 65 kentucky
turning 65 missouri
turning 65 arkansas
turning 65 georgia
turning 65 iowa
turning 65 wisconsin
turning 65 vermont
turning 65 hawaii
Please feel free to contact North Carolina Medicare Supplement if you have questions, need help or already know what insurance plan you want and simply would like an application.